Companion Stairlifts is one of the largest supplier of stair lifts in the UK. We supply and install the following straight and curved Companion Stairlifts:
- 950 Compact Straight Stairlift
If you do not require powered option, and you have a straight staircase, the 950 Compact offers you a safe and cost effective way to overcome the challenge of climbing stairs.
- 950+ Straight Stairlift
For those requiring powered option, the 950+ is a stylish solution to overcome the challenges of climbing your stairs.
- 1000 Straight Stairlift
For those looking for minimal track intrusion in to the staircase, the 1000 straight offers one of the slimmest straight stairlift tracks on the market.
- Perched Seat
In you have restricted movement in the knee or hip joints you may find sitting painful. In these situations a perch seat may be the solution. A perch seat mean the user is almost in the standing position when using the lift.
- 2000 Curved Stairlift
In your staircase turn corners you will need a curved stairlift. The 2000 curved track system is tailored to your individual staircase ensuring the best possible fit.
- Freelift Curved Stairlift
Companion also have a single curved track system in the Freelift range.
Types of Track:
Do you need a hinged track?
In order for the seat to get low enough for the user to sit on, it is necessary for the track to extend beyond the staircase to the hall floor. Some houses will have a doorway close to the bottom of the stairs and the track may intrude across this. In these circumstances a hinged track should be fitted. This means that the track can be folded away from the doorway giving clear access.
- MANUAL HINGEThe 950 Compact, 950+ and 1000 Straight are available with a manual hinged track. This means you will need to raise and lower the track manually. The gas strut assisted hinge is designed to make manual operation as easy as possible.
- POWERED HINGEThe 1000 Straight and the 2000 Curved are both available with an automatic hinged track. When operating the stairlift from the toggle, the hinge will lift/lower automatically.
When the stairlift is not in use the hinge is folded by holding a button on the remote control which means you do not need to move the track yourself. When the button is pressed your stairlift moves up the track and parks, the hinge section then moves automatically leaving the doorway clear.
Important: Hinged tracks should always be raised when users go to bed, particularly if they are enabling access to the front door of the property or creating an obstacle for other users of the household.
The Slide Track:
Similar to a powered hinge, the slide track works automatically when the toggle or remote control is activated.
- A slide track is slightly shorter than the length of your staircase. When you start to travel up the staircase the track will move with you. The track will reach the top of your stairs before the stairlift; it will stop whilst your stairlift continues on its journey to the top where you can safely dismount. When you come downstairs the track will travel down with you so you can dismount safely at the bottom
- The slide track is fitted with safety sensors at either end; these will halt the track if it encounters an obstacle during use. Your stairlift will continue to move towards the obstacle if desired where, if safe to do so, you can remove the obstruction and continue on your journey. Alternatively the track and the stairlift can move away from the obstruction. The slide track also offers safety benefits over a traditional hinged system by removing any risk of an object becoming caught in the hinge.
Other Companion stairlift features and option include:
- Manual or powered swivel
- Manual or powered footplate
- Remote controls for calling your stairlift
- Manual or powered hinge tracks
- For instructions about how to measure your straight staircase, please see our staircase measuring guide.For further information please contact Stairlifts Today.
What Our Client’s Say
Stairlift stopped working yesterday evening. Made a phone call this morning at 10.30am and informed them that it was urgent, as my 86 year old mother had to use the stairs. Just before midday an engineer arrived and replaced two batteries. We also had a problem with the arm switch that had not been working since last year, and after a new cable was fitted all is well again. Prompt and efficient and would highly recommend.
John and his partner, arrived early, the installation was incredibly quick, they were very pleasant and polite, the stairlift was tested and I tried it out, smooth quiet and very compact. The service was excellent and I would not hesitate to recommend ‘Stairlifts Today’. Thank you very much 5********
Job took less than 2 hours. Great job by a great bloke that explained everything in detail from the original survey right through to the final instructions and test run once fitted. Price was good, service was brilliant, what more could you want. Highly recommended.
John’s quote was received within a day and the reconditioned stairlift was installed on the agreed date to our full satisfaction. We have found that tradesmen with a good recommendation on Checkatrade have been excellent and Stairlifts today are no exception.
John fitted a stairlift into my mothers house. I found John on the Internet through EBay, I spoke to him on Sunday and the stairlift was installed on Tuesday morning, I could not praise John enough, he is an absolute star. He did exactly what was required and is extremely helpful. If you need a stairlift and you live in the area that John covers then he is your man, I have nothing but praise for him and his team.
Excellent speedy service, very professional and friendly. Great time keeping. Fitted well with no disruption to home and instructions clearly given. Very reasonably priced for good equipment and fitting. Would totally recommend this company don’t waste time looking anywhere else!